Description of Project
The project aims to contribute to the development of good governance and civil society participation in Belarus. Focus is on three main project components:
- Developing methods for participatory governance through territorial local self-governance units/sub-municipal governance units;
- Debureaucratisation and improved access to public services through developing improved one-stop-shop solutions;
- Cooperation between local self-government units through a national level body, providing collaboration and support.
The project builds on a partnership with national and local level actors as well as with research institutes and civil society organisations. At the basis is a bottom-up, participatory approach to development of good governance. Methods and models are piloted in select Belarusian localities, and dispersed nation-wide in the concluding quarter of the project. The project uses technical assistance and small-grants mechanisms for the implementation of new concepts and methods.
SKL International coordinates and monitors the activities, with extensive field presence, provides technical expertise and organises trainings and study visits.
Description of Services provided
- Baseline Studies
- Research and policy advice
- Manuals and collection of best practices
- Training and capacity building
- Study visits
- Technical Assistance
- Small grants mechanism
- Origin of founding
- EUR 1 200 000
- Prop. carried out by SKL International