Description of Project
SKL International was assigned to support the Ministry of Finance with carrying out the fiscal decentralization process, with a special focus on the legislation and effects regarding:
- Shared taxes (Decentralization of tax funds to self-governing entities)
- Local Taxes (Imposed by municipalities and regions)
The project as such contained five components:
- Development of new system and mechanisms required for effective co-ordination and co-operation of bodies of local state administration and territorial self government.
- Improvement of functionality of new information and communication system of local public administration.
- Development and implementation of new system for the financing of territorial self governments and administrations; fiscal decentralization.
- Review of the legislation and structures in place as regards to financial management and control in regional and local self governments.
- Enhancement of professional qualifications and capacity of elected representatives and civil servants of the new regional administrations and municipalities.
Description of Services provided
- Situation Analysis
- Field Support to Pilot region
- Capacity Building
- Risk Analysis
- A comparative study regarding effects of the reforms and comparing models from different countries
- Definition of training needs related to the tax reforms.
- Slovak Republic
- Origin of founding
- EU / Phare
- 631 000 EUR
- Prop. carried out by SKL International
- 25 %
- Partners / Consortium
- Ministry of Interior, Slovak Republic Ministry of Finance Slovak Republic, CNFPT, France, Fed State of Bavaria