SymbioCity Approach 2.0
The global SymbioCity Approach 2.0 programme is based on the SymbioCity Approach concept and methodology, which has been further developed and managed by SKL International on behalf of the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions (SALAR) since 2010. The SymbioCity Approach supports cities in planning sustainably and identifying inclusive and innovative solutions to urban challenges through synergies between different urban systems. The approach is largely founded on practical experience and expertise from Swedish local governments.
In December 2015 and with renewed support from Sida, SKL International started up the global SymbioCity Approach 2.0 programme. The overall objective of the programme is: Improved health, safety, comfort and quality of life for poor people living in urban areas.
The programme has the following main components and attached objectives:
- Advancing the SymbioCity Approach with the purpose of influencing international operations and policy debate on sustainable urban development through the SymbioCity Approach;
- City Projects with the objective to better equip cities in targeted countries (3 countries in Africa and Latin America) to address urban challenges related to sustainability and resilience;
- Targeted capacity building with the objective to capacitate a critical mass of urban development stakeholders in Myanmar to address urban challenges related to sustainability.
Main services to be provided includes
- Identification, mobilisation and management of experts including experts in urban development, participative planning, gender mainstreaming, water, waste, public space, mobility etc.
- Policy dialogue, advice and analysis
- Networking and dissemination of experiences to relevant international, national and local actors
- Delivery of training, study-visits, seminars and workshops
- Development of communication and learning material in the field of sustainable urban development
- Support to targeted cities in Africa and Latin America including process support, technical expertise, training, study visits, coahing and exchanges
- Support to targeted urban development stakeholders in Myanmar including training, awareness raising, study visits and exchanges
- Project management including planning, budgeting, reporting and M&E
- Origin of founding
- 5 445 872 EURO
- Prop. carried out by SKL International